Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Ear Infections and Tummy Aches

My kids don't get sick much but this last time around was a rough one. Both of my kids had tummy troubles as newborns and it went on for a while. Seemed like everything bothered their stomachs. I started out with gas drops and gripe water which helped but I always hated giving them OTC medicine on a consistent basis. I mean, I was giving my oldest a dose of gas drops in every bottle and that just wasn't okay with me. I was told that it helps to put something warm on their tummy to soothe them but I didn't know where to find something like that at a price that wasn't ridiculous. This last time that they were sick they got hit with a 24 hour tummy bug and my youngest had an ear infection. The doctor prescribed antibiotics for it but said it was okay to hold off on them for a few days to see if I could use Essential Oils to help. I applied Thieves and Lavender on her little ear a couple times a day for a few days. I still didn't have anything small enough to use as a warm compress. I decided to make a little baby size therapy bag for these occasions. I made it with a removable cover so that I could wash it since I was placing it on her ear over the Essential Oils. It worked way better than a wet washcloth since that always cools off too quickly. It also works great on their little stomachs! Both girls are back to a 100% again and I am sooo thankful. 

Click HERE to order one my Kiddie Therapy (Heat/Cold) bags from my Etsy shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment